Human Resources Manager
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: President, CEO
Effective Date: September 29, 2021
The purpose of this position is to manage and perform the various disciplines of Human Resources including staffing, recruiting, employee relations, benefits administration and development, payroll, compensation, performance management, etc., all in adherence to local, state, federal, employment and any other applicable laws. The Human Resources Manager is also responsible for contributing to the development of a business environment that empowers people to impact the successful achievement of our business objectives.
Employees assigned to this level may be required to perform any of the duties described at any other level in the department, depending on personnel resource availability and work requirements.
- Provide professional Human Resources services to all employees to ensure consistent application of policy and effective management of the organization’s human resources within the business objectives of ZRT Laboratory.
- Interpret and communicate corporate policies and procedures. Operate with a high degree of independence and regularly use judgment and discretion in accomplishing objectives.
- Provide daily administration of Human Resources policies and programs covering several or all of the following areas: compensation, employee relations, training, recruitment, affirmative action, benefits administration.
- Provide employee relations and conflict resolution services to staff and management to provide for consistent treatment and minimize litigation and grievance potential.
- Provide training and coaching to managers and staff in HR issues.
- Coordinate hiring of selected staff to ensure a high-quality applicant pool and rapid response to filling vacancies, including consulting with directors and supervisors, developing recruitment/selection plans, advertisements, screening of applicants, preliminary interviews and providing guidance on starting salaries.
- Provide benefits administration, workers compensation and leave policies to departments/staff.
- Perform compensation/equity analysis and make recommendations to management.
- Work with the Accounting Department to manage the payroll process through ADP
- Develop and maintain relationships with community agencies and organizations in support of ZRT recruiting efforts.
- Advise and consult with management on Fair Labor Practices and State and Federal statutes pertaining to employer/employee relations.
- Design, recommend, implement and monitor appropriate human resources policies and practices to ensure compliance, increase employee satisfaction and reduce turnover.
- Conduct exit interviews for staff of ZRT.
- Represent ZRT at hearings, trials and other venues to minimize potential financial loss.
- Research, practice, implement and adhere to all applicable employment laws
- Help management to develop an organization that reflects their values and has a culture appropriate to the business
- Advise and give counsel to the Senior Management team on HR organizational initiatives and decisions
- Develop employee acknowledgement programs that improve retention and reduce turnover
- Create an employer of choice through attracting, rewarding and retaining the best talent
- Work with managers to determine appropriate staffing needs for their departments
- Work with managers to recruit, screen, interview and hire best candidates for positions
- Develop, design, implement and keep current a compensation approach that creates a highly motivated workforce
- Work with and guide managers to appropriate course of action regarding employee relations
- Manage, enhance and deliver new hire orientation and benefit orientation
- Research, implement and manage ZRT benefit package
- Manage the employee performance review process
- Maintain the company organizational chart on the ZRT intranet
- Organize and plan quarterly company meetings
- Provide CEO with any HR related reports or data
- Maintain open, authentic communication with all employees
- Maintain open door policy
- SPHR/PHR certification strongly preferred.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university, with major coursework in Human Resources Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience, i.e., degree in Business, Industrial Relations, or closely related field, with five years of experience in Human Resources employment.
- Increasingly responsible experience in Human Resources, preferably in compensation, employee relations, affirmative action; HRIS implementation a plus.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed skills as an internal consultant to management and employees, and as a supportive and cooperative team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Personal characteristics of high integrity, abounding energy, confidence, a sense of humor and a natural tendency to move fast, be pragmatic and flexible
- Influencing skills that are flexible enough to be effective at all levels of the company
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Proven ability to provide leadership in a fast-moving work environment
- Experience coaching and advising senior management through change
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment laws
- Demonstrated success in creating and maintaining HR policies and procedures
Equipment and software used:
- Personal computer or desktop computer
- Microsoft suite
- Windows 2000
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and to perform this work
- Must be able to focus for long periods of time in front of a computer
- Must be able to attend to details under stress, remaining calm and helping others to do the same
- No or very limited physical effort required
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
ZRT Laboratory promotes a healthy and diverse work environment. If you are interested in working at an innovative company and contributing to the health and well-being of others, we would love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.