ZRT Laboratory is an internationally recognized leader in innovative and meaningful hormone and wellness testing. Health care providers and research teams worldwide use our tests, including the CDC, the NIH and many renowned universities. With 20 years of experience and results from over 10 million tests, ZRT offers a commitment to the best science and the best people, for the best in personalized home-collection tests.
We are looking for a Laboratory Aide to join the Laboratory team.
The work performed in this position supports ZRT Laboratory’s work on the samples received in the laboratory. Duties range in complexity from laboratory support including data entry and answering the phones to assisting in making re-agents by following the processes and procedures set forth by the company.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintaining and cleaning of laboratory facilities and equipment
- Set-up extraction and assay grids on ZRT computer
- Sterilization of appropriate equipment
- Data entry into tracking logs to maintain testing accuracy
- Making reagents
- Pulling samples
- Disposing of various samples
- Labeling control tubes
- Answering occasional phone calls that come into the laboratory
- Moving supplies from storage to the laboratory
- Disposing of used materials
- Following lab safety procedures
- Maintaining supplies and recommending the order of new supplies as they become depleted.
Experience or background:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree
- 1-2 years data entry experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft suite of products
- Experience in a research or production laboratory preferred
- Ability to use and maintain required equipment
- Ability to understand complex written/oral instructions relating to work performed.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all staff members.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we want to talk to you! Please send us a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promote a healthy and diverse work environment.