Sr Software Developer
ZRT Laboratory is an internationally recognized leader in innovative and meaningful hormone and wellness testing. Health care providers and research teams worldwide use our tests, including the CDC, the NIH and many renowned universities. With 20 years of experience and results from over 10 million tests, ZRT offers a commitment to the best science and the best people, for the best in personalized home-collection tests.
As part of ZRT’s Information Technology department, this position will develop in-depth knowledge & expertise regarding our custom application environment and will work collaboratively within the development team and IT department to actively develop our next generation application environment, as well as, support and troubleshoot ZRT’s existing application environment. The successful candidate will also have a strong work ethic, have an in-depth development skillset and be comfortable within a team environment.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop using established processes & procedures, follow standardized test and deployment processes for our custom applications
- Utilize and maintain multiple environments for application development
- Support existing legacy applications and environments
- As a member of the development team, track requests to prioritize, schedule and perform enhancements and bug fixes for managed applications
- Follow best practices with regard to coding standards, design patterns, and placement/ flow of business logic within ZRT
- Actively participate in advancing our development and IT practices for the betterment of the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong background and experience in development, utilizing a wide breadth of programming languages and techniques
- Strong experience with C#, SQL, ASP.NET
- Preferred experience with ASP.NET Core, VB6 and scripting
- Preferred experience with micro-service architecture
- Strong experience using Git or similar distributed source control
- Experience with specification, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of software systems
- Experience and ability to interpret, troubleshoot and identify enhancements &/or bug fixes to existing code
- Strong analytical skills combined with good communication skills
- Strong experience developing, deploying and supporting applications in a production environment.
- Strong ability to work independently with direction
- Demonstrated aptitude for self-learning new technologies
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time to perform this work
- This position is required to work on-site at our Beaverton, OR location
If this sounds like the right fit, we want to talk to you! Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promote a healthy and diverse work environment.