ZRT Laboratory is an internationally recognized leader in innovative and meaningful hormone and wellness testing. Health care providers and research teams worldwide use our tests, including the CDC, the NIH and many renowned universities. With 20 years of experience and results from over 8 million tests, ZRT offers a commitment to the best science and the best people, for the best in personalized home-collection tests.
We are looking for a seasoned Systems Engineer to join our talented IT department.
This position will collaboratively work to ensure that the day-to-day technical administration necessary within the department is carried out in the areas of: server and systems administration, network management, infrastructure security, infrastructure monitoring & maintenance, systems back-up & recovery and application support. This position is responsible for acting as a team player and providing assistance to other IT staff as opportunities arise.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Infrastructure & Solutions Planning – Works collaboratively with other departmental resources to help identify infrastructure needs, research relevant solutions and plays a key role in implementation planning.
- Server & Systems Management – Works to ensure the proper installation, configuration and day-to-day maintenance & upgrades of ZRT’s production and test server environments.
- Network Management – Works to ensure the proper installation, configuration, maintenance & upgrades of ZRT’s production networks.
- Infrastructure Monitoring & Maintenance – Maintains appropriate level of infrastructure monitoring to ensure IT department is adequately & proactively managing the overall infrastructure environment.
- Infrastructure Security & Access Management – Ensure proper security and access management of ZRT’s infrastructure environment through implementation and use of proper security policies, procedures and monitoring.
- Systems Back-Up & Recovery – Ensure all necessary IT systems have a reliable back-up & recovery solution in place that is configured, maintained & monitored to ensure recovery capability if and when needed.
- License & Asset Management – As part of the infrastructure team, helps ensure licensing is in place for infrastructure-related hardware, software & platforms.
- Application Development Support – Provides infrastructure support as needed to the development team to support their development and test efforts.
- Incident Management & Troubleshooting – Troubleshoot and properly resolve unplanned infrastructure related incidents, outages, etc. and properly document in helpdesk ticketing system. Includes monitoring and response to critical production system alerts & outages on an after-hours, on-call basis.
- Project Management – Perform the planning, coordination and implementation of assigned IT projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget. Participate in special projects or ad hoc assignments as needed.
- Change Management – Ensure infrastructure changes, implementations, etc. are coordinated to minimize disruption of service to ZRT’s critical work processes & departments. Additionally, ensure proper rollback capability is in place in the event of a failed change.
- Helpdesk – Act as backup and escalation point for helpdesk staff in resolving or assisting with non-routine or complex software/hardware issues, permission issues, etc.
- 5+ years experience in similar systems &/or network administrative role, educational degrees &/or technical certifications are a plus.
- Hands-on technical experience and knowledge working with the following technologies and platforms:
- MS Windows Server 2012 – 2016, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, Hyper-V or similar virtualization technologies, MS Systems Center, failover clustering and more. Experience with Azure a plus.
- Cisco switches and other network-related equipment and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with management, system users and vendors.
- Self-driven learner who’s comfortable with using available documentation, web resources, etc. to learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and within appropriate level of independency to complete work, while working collaboratively with other departmental resources as needed.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time to perform this work.
- May require some bending or lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use hands to perform a variety of repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to attend to details under stress, remaining calm and helping others to do the same.
If this sounds like the right fit, we want to talk to you! Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We promote a healthy and diverse work environment.