Systems Support Specialist
ZRT Laboratory is an internationally recognized leader in innovative and meaningful hormone and wellness testing. Health care providers and research teams worldwide use our tests, including the CDC, the NIH and many renowned universities. With 20 years of experience and results from over 10 million tests, ZRT offers a commitment to the best science and the best people, for the best in personalized home-collection tests.
As part of ZRT’s Information Technology department, this position has a dual purpose within the company. First and foremost, this position’s primary role is to provide primary customer-facing support for the day-to-day issues experienced by our internal customer base (on-site and remote). As a secondary responsibility, this position will work closely with our infrastructure team to assist with the implementation of various IT infrastructure related projects, as well as, taking on some of the operational management functions of our infrastructure. The right fit for this opportunity is someone who enjoys working with front-end users to help resolve issues, while having an interest and ability to contribute to our infrastructure management efforts. The successful candidate for this position must be able to establish strong work relationships within and across the company, have proven troubleshooting skills and be a demonstrated self-starter who is ready to learn and contribute in a changing environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides primary day-to-day service desk support across the company, including on-site, remote users and occasional assistance with ZRT customers. This includes desktop, laptop and tablet systems running primarily Windows 10, proprietary software, business productivity applications (Office 365), hardware, peripherals, etc.
- Participates as an infrastructure team member and assists with infrastructure-related projects, monitoring, maintenance, as assigned by the infrastructure team.
- Communicates and escalates issues relating to supported environments (infrastructure, desktops, applications, etc.) as needed
- Participates in coordination and execution of QA/test activities for new releases of our proprietary software, upgrades, bug fixes, etc. as needed
- Assists in the documentation of IT related policies, processes & workflows
- Active participation in license & asset management processes
- Carries out necessary tasks and work items relating to assigned projects
- Ensures courteous, professional and efficient service to internal and on occasion, external customers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with an ability to speak to technical and business stakeholders
- A minimum three years of on-site end-user &/or desktop troubleshooting and support, junior-level system administration experience is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supporting Microsoft based clients with proven troubleshooting skills
- Experienced with fundamental networking & connectivity concepts
- Experience with active directory, as it relates to setting up user accounts and managing permissions
- Experienced in creating technical documentation (technical, process, workflow, etc.)
- A driven, results-oriented team player who has strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- A problem-solving, self-directed individual with a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a team environment and support internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly with a desire to work in a fast- paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time to perform this work
- May require some bending or lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to use hands to perform a variety of repetitive tasks
- Must be able to attend to details under stress, remaining calm and helping others to do the same
If this sounds like the right fit, we want to talk to you! Please send your cover letter and
resume to email@example.com. We promote a healthy and diverse work